Friday, April 13, 2012

Circle Quilt....progress shot

Martha & I have joined forces to make this quilt from the Oops-a-daisy range by Moda. It's not quite finished, as it still needs borders. This would be my fault....I am the slack one. Surprise surprise. I was the big noter who had my circles cut out before Martha, as everything is a race. (I may have sent multiple texts to her bragging) Then I was struck down with a migraine or two, and Martha got to work and got her half of the quilt completed while I was still up to sewing the circles onto the squares....


Totally unmotivated at this point, I went to visit her, poured some wine, (this however was my undoing) and attempted to sew my first two rows together....hmm, the seams are not matching! Out came the quick unpick....to cut a long story short. The quick unpick came out again, I gave up, had more wine, had a sleep over, the quilt didn't get looked at again until yesterday....

.....who knows when the borders will go on??!! More photo's soon, Martha has given me a deadline of Wednesday...she is a taskmaster ;-)

By the way, it's a gift for a friend, who has no internet, so I'm pretty confident she doesn't read our blog.

2 comments:

Cardygirl said...

This quilt looks fun!

Lenna Green of Stitching Cow said...

Quilt looks great, I am sure your friend will love it.